As we know, IITs, or the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), are public technological institutes across India and are owned by the Central Government. These are governed by the Institutes of Technology Act of 1961, declaring them as Institutes of National Importance and spreading their powers, duties, and framework for administration as the country’s premier institutions in the technology field. Currently, there are 23 IITs according to this act. Each of these 23 IITs has autonomy and is connected to others through the IIT council, a joint council for IITs, which oversees its management. Also, the Minister of Education of India is considered the ex-officio Chairperson of the IIT Council since all IITs are under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Education of the Indian Government.
Students who completed their Class 12 can seek admission to IITs. JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) is the main IIT Entrance Exam conducted by the NTA. Students who want to take admissions in IITs, NITs, etc., in 2023, must qualify for JEE 2023. However, IIT JEE is generally conducted in two phases: JEE Main and JEE Advanced. JEE Main is the first phase of the Joint Entrance Examination, and it will be conducted twice every year. JEE Advanced is the second phase, which is conducted once a year. When it comes to eligibility criteria, it is different for JEE Main and JEE Advanced. First, let’s have a look at the eligibility criteria for JEE Main.
- There is no age limit for the candidates who wish to appear for JEE Main.
- Suppose a student wishes to appear for JEE Main 2023; they must have completed their Class 12 or equivalent examination in 2021 or 2022 or appear in 2023.
- Candidates who passed the Class 12 or equivalent examination in 2020 or before are not eligible.
- Also, those appearing in such examinations in 2024 or later are not eligible to appear for the JEE Main in 2023.
Also Read: How to Register for NEET 2023?
Now, check the eligibility criteria for JEE Advanced, the second phase of IIT JEE.
- Candidates who cleared JEE Main and are in the top 2,50,000, including the reserved category, will be eligible for JEE Advanced.
- Students preparing to appear for JEE Advanced 2023 must meet specific eligibility criteria set by the exam conducting authority. Candidates not meeting the required criteria are not eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced.
For 2023, IIT Guwahati will set the question for the JEE Advanced, and thus, all the required guidelines and eligibility criteria will be published by IIT Guwahati. Thus, candidates must check the JEE Advanced eligibility criteria for 2023 before proceeding with online registration, which will be shared with the candidates by the exam-conducting institute.
Also Read: Best Colleges for MBA in India 2022
IIT entrance exam eligibility criteria will keep on changing every year. Hence, students are advised to keep an eye on the official website to get the latest information about the IIT entrance exam, such as eligibility criteria and much more. This will help them to plan and prepare effectively for the upcoming entrance exam to get admission to top IITs in India.